Sunday, January 3, 2010

Epic Fail

I've fallen drastically behind on my posting due to a large influx of real life. In the past month I have done the following:


  • Witnessed the birth of my first child
  • Survived the holiday madness including transporting said child to several family gatherings
  • Gotten back into Eve as mining makes for a good profession while waiting for a baby to cry
  • Managed to avoid joining the ranks of the many unemployed for now
So with my return to Eve I can say fairly certainly that not too much has changed for me with the release of Apocrypha. Mining wasn't touched too much by the last expansion, though since I stick to high-sec I also haven't seen the changes that have been brought about by sovereignty. I have, however, reached many of my short term goals for both of my accounts. So now I get to start to head down some new paths.

Before I begin to venture too aggressively into the world of potentially doing low-sec mining I think I'm going to explore missioning. Fortunately one of my characters is already well on his way to being able to handle some serious missioning. The other character is going to work on raising his drone skills and exploring some more defensive skill sets. I have seen some pretty impressive examples of what a properly fitted Hulk can withstand. I need to explore this more before taking my baby into risky waters.

All in all I'm looking forward to a good year in Eve. It will probably be vastly different from my past year.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back mate and congratulations on your first child!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first child :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very belated thank you to Ga'len and Matt. It will be a proud day when I can teach him to mine for me.

    ReplyDelete