Saturday, August 29, 2009

A new start

There are lots of EvE Blogs out there, so why add my own to the pile? I'm a newb, I have less than 8 million SP. I don't run missions, I rarely flying anything other than a Hulk, I believe I have ventures out of High Sec a grand total of once in my entire Eve Life. So why would anyone want to read about a player who spends most of his days shooting at rocks?

Honestly, I don't know. But I thought that perhaps there is a niche for players like me in the blog-o-sphere just like there is room for players like me in the game. Eve seems to be all about opening up world of opportunities in which players can find a game they like to play and still have an active part in the overall universe. I don't get to experience the thrill of having 12 battle cruisers barring down on me hoping to pop my tender hull, but I do get the thrill of watching local (yes, even in high sec) and hoping that can flippers won't make off with my delicious mountains of Veldspar.

I'm sure that eventually I will venture out into new fields of exploration. I read about probing, bombing runs, wormhole space, and epic battles and it makes me want to experience that aspect of the game as well. So perhaps this blog will just be about that journey, making my way from a simple miner just scraping out a living in this massive universe that we all know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment